Bizarre 'dark fluid' with negative mass could dominate the universe

The Standard Model of particle physics is currently our best understanding of how the universe works – but it only describes about five percent of everything in it. The rest is made up of what we call dark matter and dark energy, which are so far only known through their gravitational interactions with regular matter. Now, an astrophysicist from Oxford has put forward a new theory that suggests that dark matter and dark energy are actually part of the same phenomenon: a "dark fluid" with negative mass that fills the universe... Continue Reading Dark matter and dark energy may really be one "dark fluid" with negative mass Category: Physics Tags: Astronomy Astrophysicists Astrophysics Cosmology Dark Dark Energy Dark Matter Galaxy Oxford University The Standard Model Universe

Bizarre 'dark fluid' with negative mass could dominate the universe

It's embarrassing, but astrophysicists are the first to admit it. Our best theoretical model can only explain 5% of the universe. The remaining 95% is famously made up almost entirely of invisible, ...

Thu 6 Dec 18 from Phys.org

Bringing balance to the universe: New theory could explain missing 95 percent of the cosmos

Scientists at the University of Oxford may have solved one of the biggest questions in modern physics, with a new paper unifying dark matter and dark energy into a single phenomenon: a fluid ...

Wed 5 Dec 18 from Phys.org

Bringing balance to the universe: New theory could explain missing 95 percent of the cosmos, Wed 5 Dec 18 from ScienceDaily

Bringing balance to the universe: New theory could explain missing 95 percent of the cosmos, Wed 5 Dec 18 from SpaceDaily

Scientists may have solved the great mystery of dark matter - CNET

There's a lot of matter to go under the cosmic bridge yet, but a new theory suggests that 95 percent of the universe is filled with a weird "dark fluid".

Wed 5 Dec 18 from CNET Cutting Edge

Oxford scientist may have finally solved dark matter riddle — the universe might be made out of a ‘negative mass’ fluid

If proven right, this theory could be one of the most important developments in 21st-century physics.

Wed 5 Dec 18 from ZME Science

Bizarre 'dark fluid' with negative mass could dominate the universe - what my research suggests

Oxford UK (SPX) Dec 06, 2018 It's embarrassing, but astrophysicists are the first to admit it. Our best theoretical model can only explain 5% of the universe. The remaining 95% is famously ...

Wed 5 Dec 18 from SpaceDaily

Bookmark

Bookmark and Share